If you are following my posts on a weekly basis, you probably remember my Beet-Red Bean Hummus recipe from last week. As I experimented with quite a few different variations of this heavenly spread, I’ll stick to my new favorite, hummus also this week. I’m sure you still like hummus for its paste-like consistency and heartiness and are eager to try out another exciting version.
- 1 can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup oven-baked carrot pieces
- 1 cup oven-baked summer squash, liquid drained
- 3 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 handful of cashews
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 10 green olives
- 3 garlic cloves or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps. fresh basil
- Throw all ingredients into blender or food processor and process until homogenous hummus forms.
- Taste and add salt/pepper if necessary.
- Depending on how dry or wet your summer squash is and whether you are using blender or food processor you might need to add a bit of water.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 215 kcal
- Sodium: 198.5mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Protein: 16.5g
Keywords: bean hummus