Every year when the pumpkin season begins I start cooking it in any way I can – I make pumpkin puree to add to muffins, cakes and cookies, cook stews and curries, make soup and risottos, add to pancake batter or just oven-bake and add to salads or use as sides.
- 2 tbsps. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ butternut squash (about 3 cups of cubes)
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 small potato
- 50g (1.8oz) red lentils
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- Throw onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric into a pot.
- Peel and chop butternut squash, potato and sweet potato and add to pot.
- Rinse and drain red lentils and add to pot as well.
- Fill the pot with water – just a bit above the veggies.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15-17 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Puree with immerse blender and add boiled water if the soup is too thick.
- Finally add coconut cream and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: butternut squash