Whole roasted cauliflower with tangy garlic and paprika paste. Juicy and hearty, yet oil-free and vegan. Perfect for holidays.
CAULIFLOWER + PASTER
- A big whole cauliflower head (about 2 kilos, 4.4lb whole weight)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsps. lemon juice
- 2 tsps. unsalted peanut butter
- 2 tsps. unsalted tahini
- 2 tsps. smoked paprika
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- 50ml (1.7 fl oz) water
- 4 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 4 sage leaves
- some parsley, chopped
VEGGIES ON SIDE
- 1 big onion, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 bigger beetroot, cut into cubes
- 2 big carrots, cut into thicker discs
- Blend everything besides the cauliflower and parsley in a high-speed blender into a nice paste.
- Remove the leaves from cauliflower. Also, remove the stem so that the cauliflower can sit flat and cut a cross into the base (it allows the cauliflower to soften evenly).
- Put the cauliflower head into a big pot. Add a few centimetres of water and steam covered for 30 minutes. Less in case you have a smaller cauliflower.
- Let the cauliflower cool down a bit, turn it upside down and drizzle a bit of soy sauce into it. Then transfer it onto an oven pan (flat side down). Rub the cauliflower over with the paste using your hands.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F) and bake covered with foil or lid for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and add vegetables onto the pan and bake for another 35-40 minutes until the veggies are done. If you like your cauliflower very crispy on the outside, put the oven on grill mode for the last 10 minutes.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: whole roasted cauliflower