This green lentil stew with tomatoes is a perfect flavorful and hearty go-to meal. Prepare it in a bigger batch and your lunches for the week are covered. You’ll only need 10 ingredients, one pot and 30 minutes of your time.
- 160g (5.6oz) green lentils, soaked
- 1 bigger carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic flakes
- 2 tsps. broth powder
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsps. mustard seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp. unsalted peanut butter (add later)
- 1 cup unsalted tomato puree (add later)
- Start by soaking lentils for 6-8 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Then, throw the ingredients (except peanut butter and tomato puree) into a medium pot. Add enough water to almost cover the ingredients. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Now, add tomato puree and mix well. Bring to boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add extra water if necessary to make the stew more liquid.
- When the stew is done, mix in peanut butter. Make sure it’s well incorporated.
- Garnish with greens (onion, parsley, coriander) and nutritional yeast.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: green lentil stew