I need to fix a quick lunch very often and find a red lentil stew or a soup to be the quickest and simplest things to prepare. Red lentils are ready in no time even without soaking and are so hearty and filling besides having a nice flavor.
- 2 tbsps. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. dried garlic
- 1 heaped tsp. broth powder
- 100g (3.5oz) dry red lentils, washed
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and chopped
- Put all ingredients except kale in a pot and cover with boiling water from kettle. Simmer covered for 13 minutes adding water as the lentils swell. It’s up to you to make a thicker or a more liquid soup.
- 6 minutes before the soup is done, add chopped kale on top. Don’t mix the kale in, but let it steam instead.
- Let the soup cool a bit and serve with nutritional yeast and fresh parsley.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: lentil-kale soup