When I decided to take on a yellow-orange puree soup made of carrots and sweet potato, I was sure it wouldn’t come out perfect the first time and that I’d need to play with the quantities for at least a couple of times before sharing the recipe. I was wrong! It came out so perfect that I wouldn’t change a thing! My mom was visiting and enjoyed the soup a lot – and of course all the other meals I prepared as well!
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp. broth powder
- ½tsp turmeric
- 700g carrots, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- Handful of cashews
- In a thick-bottomed soup pot, heat 2tbsp of water. Once it starts to sizzle, add chopped onions. Sautee until the onions become translucent adding water one tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking. Throw in the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, vegetable broth and enough boiling water to cover the veggies and a bit more. Stir well with a spoon. Bring to boil and let it simmer until the veggies are soft enough for pureeing – about 10-13 minutes.
- Let the soup cool down a bit, then add the cashews (you may soak them first) and puree with immerse blender or regular blender. Add some boiled water if the soup is too thick.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: carrot-sweet potato puree soup