I love to have a muffin every day, but I have always used dates as the main sweetener. However, my blood sugar is quite a moody character and dates are known to have very high glycemic load – an indicator of how much a serving of food is likely to increase your blood-sugar levels.
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 mango
- 2tbsp peanut butter
- A dash of sea salt
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, and powders.
- Place bananas, peanut butter, sea salt, and pealed and chopped mango into a blender and blend until smooth. Put mango first to ease blending.
- Add this wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared. Mix in chopped cacao paste or dark chocolate buttons.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. This recipe makes 15 big muffins.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear. Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing.
- Method: Baking