After I created date-free chocolate muffins without any artificial sweetener, I’ve played a little with the recipe. This time I made them light-coloured and added some poppy seeds. I smell them baking in the oven as I write this post!
- Place bananas, peanut butter, sea salt, and pealed and chopped mango into a blender and blend until smooth. Put mango first to ease blending. If the mixture seems too thick (it has to be easily pourable), add a dash of plant-based milk or water and blend again. The thickness depends on the ripeness of your bananas and the size of the mango.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and poppy seeds.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared. Mix in chopped cacao paste or dark chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. This recipe makes 15 big muffins.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear. Let cool for about 15 minutes before trying to remove from muffin forms.
- Method: Baking