These muffins are what my husband calls the ultimate in muffins. For the past 3 weeks I have only been baking this poppy seed muffin recipe. We have them with our coffee as second breakfast and as dessert after dinner.
- In a small bowl, cover the chopped dates with 230ml water or plant-based milk and let soak for about 30 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Place the dates with the soak water, banana, peanut butter, salt, and persimmon into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add this wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared.
- Add chocolate buttons and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. This recipe makes 15 big muffins.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear. Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: poppy seed muffins