It is nearly Christmas and if you haven’t made vegan gingerbread cookies yet, it is about time! Now, gingerbread forms were among the things we put in post to be sent to Barcelona. So, I was waiting and waiting for the forms to be able to take new photos of my gingerbread cookies.
- 3 tbsps. coconut oil (melt before use)
- 10–15 dates (I used 10, because I do not like overly sweet things)
- 7 tbsps. water or plant-based milk (oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
- ½ tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Cut dates into smaller pieces and put them with water or plant-based milk into blender or food processor (if you have the small bowl). Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add melted coconut oil and flax seeds into blender and process the mixture until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Form the dough into 2-3 balls and place one at a time on a floured non-stick mat or on stone surface. Flour a rolling pin and begin rolling out the dough until you have a rectangle that is about 3mm thick.
- Cut the gingerbread into the shapes of your choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes (175 degrees), then remove from oven. Rotate the pan and return to the oven for 6-7 minutes longer, until golden. Carefully, transfer crackers to a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: vegan gingerbread cookies