This spinach tomato pasta with chickpeas is a perfect quick and hearty meal. You’ll only need 9 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time. Cook a bigger batch of this tomato sauce and your lunches for the week are covered!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 big handfuls of spinach (about 5 chunks if frozen)
- ½ can unsalted chickpeas, washed and rinsed
- 50g (0.11oz) hemp pasta (prepare separately)
- First, heat a skillet or sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of water. Once it starts sizzling, add the onion and carrot, and sauté for 3 minutes (add water one spoonful at time if necessary).
- Then, add garlic and chilli flakes and sauté for another minute.
- Next, pour in the crushed tomatoes, oregano and some salt. Stir well. Cook covered on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Finally, add spinach and chickpeas and cook for additional 3-4 minutes. Let sit covered. If you use frozen spinach, add it 10 minutes before the end of cooking time. Should you thaw the spinach first, use as fresh.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on package.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast and some pine seeds on top. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 554 kcal
- Fat: 5.28g
- Carbohydrates: 104g
- Protein: 22.1g
Keywords: spinach tomato pasta