One way of using hemp flour is to add it to chocolaty muffins giving them a full and hearty consistency. Please try this at home!
- 15 dates
- 250 ml water or plant based milk (oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 ml applesauce, sugar-free
- 225 g (400 ml) raw buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp hemp flour, not heaped
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2–3 cherries of other berries for each muffin
- In a small bowl, cover the chopped dates with 250ml water and let soak for about 30 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, carob powder, and cacao powder.
- Place the dates with the soak water, banana, and melted coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth. Add applesauce and blend again.
- Add this date mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until all the dry ingredients have disappeared.
- Spoon the batter into a silicone muffin pan or parchment muffin papers in a metal pan. This recipe makes 12 big muffins. Press the cherries gently into each muffin with your finger.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. The muffins will be done when cracks appear, and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolaty muffins