The simple plain ricotta was actually one of my first experiments with raw buckwheat and I was really amazed how much it resembled “the real thing”. It is great for breakfast, snack or dessert being totally dairy-free.
Soak time: 4 hours
- 100 g (3.5oz) raw buckwheat (unroasted)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp blackcurrants
- 6 strawberries
- water (enough for the desired consistency)
- Soak the buckwheat overnight or for at least 4 hours. Drain and rinse carefully as the soak water is very slimy.
- Put all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
- Add water little by little – you can always add more if necessary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 283 kcal
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3 g
- Protein: 7.48 g
Keywords: raw buckwheat ricotta