Healthy and delicious plant-based and flourless kale-mushroom pizza on cauliflower-chickpea base.
- Mix chia seeds with water and let sit for about 30 minutes (stirring occasionally and adding water as needed).
- Wash and rinse the chickpeas. Process into a paste with immerse blender.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F (220 C). Process cauliflower in food processor. Put the cauliflower on a parchment lined sheet. Spread the grated cauliflower and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Cool slightly. Add the chia gel to the mix.
- Add spices and chickpea paste and mix well. It should become a soft-textured dough.
- Spread/press the mixture on a parchment lined sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden and the centre is not soft to touch (bake time depends on the moisture content). Turn the sheet around after 20 minutes, if needed.
- Cool slightly.
- Put chopped onion, crushed garlic and mushrooms with salt and pepper on a saucepan and sauté covered for 5 minutes – add a bit of water only if necessary (the mushrooms should provide enough moisture). Add kale and simmer for additional 5-7 minutes.
- Spread the topping on the crust. Put slices of cherry tomatoes on top and bake for 10-15 minutes. If the crust starts to brown too quickly, reduce the temperature to 375 F (190 C) and cook until done. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: vegan pizza