Learn how to make a low glycemic edamame pasta with homemade marinara sauce. Should you be looking for a high-protein plant-based meal, this pasta bowl is it!
- First, prepare the marinara sauce according to the instructions here. Alternatively, warm up store-bought tomato pasta sauce.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook your edamame pasta according to the instructions on the package, and steam broccoli florets for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, pour rinsed and drained pasta into a bowl, add the sauce, and mix gently with two forks.
- Finally, add steamed broccoli and sprinkle on nutritional yeast.
- Optionally, garnish with fresh basil and add a bit of tamari for taste boost.
If you want to make sure you get the sulforaphane from broccoli, cut the florets 40 minutes before you steam them. Alternatively, add a pinch of crushed mustard seeds, wasabi, or horseradish powder to the pasta bowl. Another option is to add some raw cruciferous veggies to your meal.
If you feel that this bowl is too big for you, you can always cook less pasta.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: The whole recipe
- Calories: 426 kcal
- Sodium: 355.9mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6g
- Fiber: 24.6g
- Protein: 45.6g
Keywords: pasta, high-protein