Learn how to make a quick and easy, balanced, delicious, and nutritious kale salad for the whole family. And you won’t need to massage the kale!
- 240g (8.5oz) raw kale (stems and leaves)
- 100g (3.5oz) white cabbage
- 2 button mushrooms
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100g (3.5oz) whole grain pasta, dry weight
- 280g (9.9oz) edamame beans
- 240g (8.5oz) black beans
- 2 tbsps. goji berries
Miso-Cashew Dressing (the recipe is written down in the video description)
- Start by washing the kale thoroughly and separating the stems and leaves. Then, chop the stems into smaller pieces and place them into a saucepan or a small pot with a bit of water (enough to almost cover them). Cover with lid. When the water stars to boil, set your timer to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the kale leaves into thin shreds. When there’s 3 minutes left on the timer, let the kale leave join the stems in the pot and sauté covered until the time is up. Transfer the kale into a large mixing bowl.
- Put goji berries to soak in hot water. Once soft, discard the water or use it in the salad dressing.
- Next, boil pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- I recommend boiling the potatoes the previous day and keep them refrigerated to allow the resistant starches to form.
- Next, if you have frozen edamame beans, simply boil them for a few minutes and drain.
- Then, rinse and drain your black beans thoroughly.
- The most effective way to destroy the toxin agaritine in mushrooms is to microwave them at 1000W for a minute. If you don’t have microwave oven, slice them up and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Prepare any preferred salad dressing. I used my miso-cashew dressing in this recipe (I used the whole recipe).
- Finally, in a large bowl combine all the ingredients well.
Storage: store in a covered bowl in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The nutritional info below includes miso-cashew dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe
- Calories: 575 kcal
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 454.5mg
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 68.2g
- Fiber: 19g
- Protein: 27.8g
Keywords: kale, salad