Learn how to make a truly wholesome high-protein vegan breakfast Buddha bowl.
- 150g (5.3oz) boiled toasted buckwheat or any other whole grains
- 150g (5.3oz) edamame beans (or more)
- 30g (1.06oz) red cabbage (or more)
- 10g (0.4oz) arugula
- ¼ avocado
- Start by cooking the buckwheat and edamame beans ahead. Make a bigger batch to last for at least for a few days so that you can save time in the morning.
- Assemble the bowl. Starting with cooked buckwheat, then edamame beans and miso-tahini dressing.
- Next, add some shredded red cabbage and arugula. Mix it up or don’t, it’s up to you. Finally, throw in some avocado as well.
I like to prepare my buckwheat, or any other grains really, with a bay leaf and some kombu seaweed. The former makes grains and legumes easier to digest and the latter adds an extra nutritional boost in the form of iodine.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: The whole recipe
- Calories: 473 kcal
- Fat: 19.1g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5g
- Fiber: 15.5g
- Protein: 27.5g
Keywords: Buddha bowl