You only need 1 ingredient and a food processor for this smooth and creamy homemade cashew butter recipe. Enjoy your cashew butter with no added oils or sugars and pay half as much compared to store-bought varieties!
Soaking time: 2 – 6 hours
Dehydrating time: about 24 hours
400g (14oz) raw unsalted cashews (or any other amount)
- First, take your raw cashew nuts and soak them for 2-6 hours (see instructions above). Then, dehydrate until fully dry. You might skip the first 2 steps, if your digestion can handle the phytates and enzyme inhibitors in raw inactivated nuts.
- Next, pour the dehydrated nuts into high-speed or high-powered food processor.
- Then, start processing. Scrape down the sides whenever the cashew paste starts to stick to the walls and bottom of your food processor.
- When the oils start to separate, the half-done cashew butter will form bigger clumps and finally you’ll see one big ball of cashew paste running around the processor. Don’t stop there! Separate the ball with a spoon or spatula and continue processing. Soon you’ll see that the ball starts to come apart and the paste will look more and more like real nut butter. Process a little bit longer and you’re done! It’ll all take about 15-20 minutes, so be patent!
One tablespoon (16g, 0.60z) has 1.8 GL points.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Blend
- Serving Size: one tablespoon (16g, 0.6oz)
- Calories: 94.7 kcal
- Sodium: 1.6mg
- Fat: 7.02g
- Carbohydrates: 5.22g
- Fiber: 0.53g
- Protein: 2.91g
Keywords: cashew butter