This oat bran porridge recipe is a delicious low carb breakfast rich in fibre. My low glycemic breakfast porridge is perfectly creamy and so easy to make requiring only one pot and 5 ingredients (not counting water, salt and sweetener).
- 30g (1.06oz) oat bran
- 150g (5.3oz) soft silken tofu
- 230g (8.1oz) water
- ⅙ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Stevia to taste
- About 100g (3.5oz) sour cherries (fresh or frozen)
- Start by blending your silken tofu until it has smooth consistency. Transfer into glass jar.
- Then, take a small pot or saucepan and mix oat bran with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes whisking every now and then to avoid sticking and lumps.
- Next, mix in 150g of blended silken tofu, whisk vigorously and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in Himalayan salt, flax seeds, cinnamon and stevia. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Finally, add the cherries. If you use frozen, let them thaw for a bit before crushing them with a fork or potato masher for nice red color.
Optional: garnish with some extra cherries and/or sprinkle on some dehydrated sprouted buckwheat, chopped nuts and seeds.
One serving has 10.5 GL points.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Method: Boiling
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 268 kcal
- Sodium: 196mg
- Fat: 8.91g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7g
- Fiber: 9.16g
- Protein: 15.6g