I give you mind blowing no yeast gluten-free vegan cinnamon rolls that you’ll definitely fall in love with. My recipe uses no refined sugar or vegan butter, but is yet so hearty, moist and filling.
- 100g (3.5oz) oat flour
- 100g (3.5oz) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. aluminium-free baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ cup psyllium husks + ½ cup water
- 250g (8.8oz) soymilk (additive-free) + 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps. birch xylitol + 15 drops of liquid stevia (or other preferred sweetener, see tips)
- First, mix psyllium husks with water and let sit for about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, do the same with soymilk and apple cider vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla.
- Next, dissolve xylitol and stevia in soymilk/ACV mixture.
- Pour the wet mixtures onto the dry ingredients and form a dough ball. It’s the easiest to use spatula.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes. You can also leave it in refrigerator overnight.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add coconut milk gradually as the final amount depends on the consistency of your nut butter. You may need to add more if your butter is very thick. See the right consistency from video below.
- Let the mixture settle for about 5 minutes as the mesquite absorbs liquid.
- Take a silicone mat, wax paper or non-stick parchment paper and place your dough ball in the middle. Now, put another piece of parchment or wax paper on top of the dough and start rolling. Roll the dough out into about 28×35 cm (11×13.8 inch) rectangle and remove the parchment paper.
- Next, using a small spatula spread the filling evenly onto the dough.
- Then, slowly roll the dough into a tight spiral releasing the silicone mat as you progress. Check the video below!
- Slice the dough log into 9-10 rolls and place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use the same silicone mat you rolled the dough on. Shape them a bit if needed.
- Finally, bake the rolls at 200°C (390°F) for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool a bit before eating.
One cinnamon bun has 5.8 GL points
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 198 kcal
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 8.27
- Protein: 7.85g
Keywords: cinnamon rolls