Here’s a perfectly cooling 8-ingredient vegan cold beet soup for hot summer days. This chilled beet soup really arouses your taste buds and is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 400g (14oz) boiled beetroot, grate
- 400g (14oz) plain soy yogurt
- 4 tbsps. coconut milk
- Lemon juice of one smaller lemon
- 4 tbsps. chopped onion greens or scallions + some extra for garnish
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh dill + some extra for garnish
- 2 short cucumbers (Kirby or garden) or 1 long one (Persian, English, Armenian)
- 4 small or 2 bigger radishes, chopped
- Black salt and black pepper to taste
- Water (enough for desired consistency, I used ½ cup)
- First, preferably wearing gloves, finely grate beets. Alternatively, buy grated beetroot to save some time.
- Then, pour yogurt into a bigger bowl and mix in grated beetroot, finely chopped cucumber and radish, and chopped onion greens and dill. Thin the soup with some water if necessary.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper and add some extra onion greens and fresh dill before serving.
One serving has 3 GL points.
The glycemic load greatly depends on the yogurt you use. Mine was unsweetened soy yogurt containing no sugars or starches.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Method: Boiling
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 124 kcal
- Fat: 5.96g
- Carbohydrates: 8.28g
- Fiber: 3.48g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: cold soup, vegan soup