Here’s an easy vegan salad with well-known ingredients that require minimum cooking skills. Roasted veggies are deliciously juicy and flavourful while Tahini-Chickpea Dressing adds this perfect richness to your lunch or dinner bowl.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 summer squash
- 1 big carrot
- 1 small fennel
- 100g (3.5oz) of raw red cabbage, chopped or cut into fine shreds
- Himalayan salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary and oregano to sprinkle
- 400g (14oz) lettuce or mixed greens
- First, cut your eggplants and summer squash into thicker slices. Slice the carrot and fennel as well and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle some Himalayan salt onto eggplants and let sit for 15-30 minutes until you see water drops on their surface.
- Next, sprinkle all veggies with some dried rosemary, thyme, oregano and black pepper and bake at 200°C (390°F) for 35-40 minutes until you see that the eggplants are well wilted.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare Chickpea-Tahini Dressing.
- Combine your salads by placing lettuce and raw cabbage into the bowl and topping it with roasted veggies.
- Finally, top the salad with dressing.
One serving has 10.9 GL points.
- Method: Roasting
- Serving Size: one serving
- Calories: 255 kcal
- Fat: 8.92g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7g
- Fiber: 14.9g
- Protein: 14.3g
Keywords: vegan salad, roasted veggies