My vegan quiche recipe with beetroot and tofu is whole food plant-based, oil-free, sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan Candida diet friendly (except for those on cleanse menu).
- 45g (1.6oz, 2 tbsps. + 1 tsp.) unsalted peanut butter
- Himalayan salt to taste (leave out for Plantricious version)
- 20g (0.7oz, 3 tbsps. + 1 tsp.) oat bran
- 20g (0.7oz, 2 tbsps.) raw buckwheat flour
- 270g (9.5oz) of extra firm tofu
- ¼ tsp. black salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup (120ml) water
- 1 level tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1 raw beet, finely grated
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. soy sauce (leave out for Plantricious version)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- First, using spoon and your hands, mix together the crust ingredients.
- Next, press the crust batter into 6” (15 cm) or 6.3” (16 cm) spring form cake tin and bake at 180°C (355°F) for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- While the crust is baking, steam the spinach or other leafy greens (chard, kale, turnip greens, collard greens).
- Also, sauté carrot and rosemary: add 1 tbsp. of water and 1 tsp. of soy sauce into a saucepan. When it starts to sizzle, add coarsely grated carrot and chopped fresh rosemary. Sauté for 3 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Process all filling ingredients (except beet, carrot, rosemary, soy sauce and spinach) into a batter. Then, mix in finely grated raw beet.
- Top the crust with a layer of sautéed carrot and rosemary (drain any excess water).
- Next, add steamed and drained spinach.
- Spread the tofu-beet mixture on top of spinach.
- Finally, sprinkle some coarsely grated raw carrot and beet on top on the quiche.
- Bake at 180°C (355°F) for 55 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
One slice has 3.9 GL points.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of recipe
- Calories: 97 kcal
- Sodium: 80.7mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: vegan quiche