My chocolaty pumpkin muffins recipe is vegan, plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, low-fat, refined sugar free and Candida diet friendly (not for those on the cleanse though).
- 80g (2.8oz) unroasted buckwheat flour
- 80g (2.8oz) oat bran
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsps. low-sodium baking powder
- 2 tbsps. carob powder
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. xylitol (use date sugar for Plantricious version)
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 200g (1 cup) of pumpkin puree (see tips)
- 155g (5.5oz) unsweetened plant milk (see tips)
- 100g (1 cup) grated zucchini
- In a bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Next, add pumpkin puree and plant milk. Mix until well incorporated.
- Then, stir in grated zucchini. Finally, divide batter between 6-8 muffin moulds and garnish with dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (optional).
- Bake at 175°C for 33-35 minutes (6 muffins) or 30-33 minutes (8 muffins).
One cooke (⅛ of the recipe) of recipe has 8.2 GL points.
Nutritional info (⅙ of the recipe): 132 kcal, 17.8g carbohydrates (81.7% of calories), 2.77g fats (18.9% of calories), 5.62g protein (17% of calories), 6.79g fibre and 10.9 GL (glycemic load) points.
The below nutritional info is calculated with oat milk and date sugar.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 117 kcal
- Sodium: 82.8mg
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: pumpkin muffins, muffins