My vegan chanterelle mushroom gravy is gluten-free, oil-free, low-fat and Candida diet friendly.
- 3 cups (about 200g, 7oz) chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 tbsps. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour + ⅓ cup plant milk (see tips)
- 1 cup of plant milk (see tips)
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- First, clean your chanterelle mushrooms.
- Next, take a small pot or saucepan and add cleaned chanterelles, onion flakes, garlic and 2 tbsps. of water. Sauté covered for 5 minutes mixing a few times making sure the onion and garlic absorb water.
- When the 5 minutes is up, add 1 tsp. of turmeric, mix well and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or cup, whisk together 1 tbsp. of tapioca flour and ⅓ cup of plant milk. Make sure the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour 1 cup of plant milk onto your chanterelles and mix well.
- Finally, when the gravy almost starts to boil again, whisk in the tapioca/milk mixture stirring vigorously. Keep on stirring until the gravy starts to boil. Then, turn off the heat and leave it to cool without lid allowing it to thicken further.
One serving has 9.67 GL points.
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: ½ of the recipe (calculated with ⅓ cup oat milk and 1 cup of almond milk)
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Fat: 2.91g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4.85g
- Protein: 3.53g
Keywords: vegan chanterelle mushroom