To be honest it’s getting harder and harder to say something new about pancakes as I publish a new recipe almost every week! Here it is my tofu and cinnamon pancakes.
- 150g (5.3oz) raw buckwheat groats, soaked
- 100g (3.5oz) oat bran
- 30g (1oz) chickpea flour
- 125g (4.4oz) hard plain tofu
- 570g (20oz) naturally sweet plant-based milk (oat or brown rice)
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 3 tsps. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 70g (2.5oz) raw summer squash
- 40g (1.4oz) raw parsnip, cut into thin slices
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight or at least for 6 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Add the rinsed groats along with other ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and homogeneous batter forms.
- Taste and adjust by adding more salt/spices if necessary.
- Take a good quality non-toxic non-stick pan. Add a few drops of oil onto the pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes.
- Put a ladleful of batter onto the pan and even it out with a spoon/ladle or by shaking and/or tilting the pan to get the exact shape of your pan bottom. The frying time greatly depends on your stove. I flip it around when it is almost dry on top and also check the colour of the bottom side.
- Method: Frying
Keywords: tofu and cinnamon pancakes