Really healthy and comforting chocolaty beet oat bran porridge with a hint of cloves and ginger. With tutorial video!
- 300g (10.6oz) water
- 50g (1.8oz) plant-based milk (see tips)
- 40g (1.4oz) oat bran
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. carob powder
- Dash of black pepper
- Himalayan salt to taste (I put ¼ tsp.)
- Stevia drops to taste (see tips)
- About 50g (1.8oz, ½ cup) finely grated raw carrot (I used purple carrots)
- About 50g (1.8oz, ⅓ cup) finely grated raw beet
- 100g (3.5oz, 1 cup) finely grated raw summer squash
- Bring water to boil and whisk in oat bran. Simmer for 3 minutes whisking every now and then.
- Add plant-based milk and simmer for another 2 minutes. Cover with lid and set aside.
- Finely grate carrot, beet and summer squash.
- Add all the spices, salt, sweetener and pepper to the porridge. Mix well and taste. Remember that veggies will smooth some of the taste out.
- Mix in grated veggies. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Method: Simmering
Keywords: oat bran porridge