I’m into beetroot at the moment as I discovered I had some beets in the fridge that needed to be consumed. So I’ve been making beet pancakes, beet muffins and adding oven-baked beetroot to salads. I think that beet brownie is up next, and here it is my beet-carrot chocolate muffins.
Soak time: 6 hours
- 60g (2.1oz) raw buckwheat groats, soaked and rinsed
- 60g (2.1oz) oat bran
- 150g (5.3oz) oat or rice milk
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsps. carob powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ tsps. aluminium free baking powder
- ¼ cup (40g, 1.4oz) oven-baked or boiled beet cubes
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 15 stevia drops OR 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. xylitol OR 3 soft Medjool dates
- ½ cup (50g, 1.8oz) finely grated raw carrot (add later)
- ½ cup (70g, 2.5oz) finely grated raw beetroot (add later)
- some dark chocolate buttons to add on top (optional)
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight or for at least 6 hours, then rinse and drain.Soak buckwheat groats overnight or for at least 6 hours, then rinse and drain.
- Heat oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Finely grate and measure raw carrot and beetroot.
- Put all ingredients, except raw grated beet/carrot, into blender and blend into smooth batter.
- Finally mix in the grated veggies.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin forms and add some dark chocolate buttons on top.
- Bake in the middle rack for 33-34 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cook Time: 33 - 34 minutes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: beet-carrot chocolate muffins