Asparagus-mushroom curry with chickpeas makes a quick, easy, delicous and comforting meal that is also vegan, plant-based, oil-free and gluten free.
- 10 thick slices of leek
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g (3.5oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 250g (8.8oz) asparagus
- Himalayan salt to taste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. (or more) unsalted curry powder (I have a really spicy one)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 heaped tsp. cornstarch (or any other starch) + 2 tbsps. water (optional)
- Throw leek slices, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, salt, turmeric and curry powder into a saucepan and sauté with 2 tbsps. of water for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the other ingredients are sautéing, prepare the asparagus by snipping off the woody end and cutting the edible part into shorter sticks (or leave them long, as you prefer).
- When the 5 minutes is up, add asparagus and ⅓ cup of water onto the saucepan. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup of coconut milk and bring to boil. Now, if you see that the sauce is too liquid for your taste, pour in starch-water mixture stirring at the same time. Bring to boil again and turn off the heat.
- Finally stir in chickpeas.
- Method: Saute
Keywords: asparagus-mushroom curry