Imagine that it’s Sunday morning and you are not in a hurry having all the time you need to prepare a comforting and delicious breakfast. Usually pancakes and waffles come into mind, don’t they? However, generally comfort foods go hand in hand with guilt as the conventional versions (even plant-based) are packed with fat, sugar and refined grains.
- Soak buckwheat and millet overnight. Wash and drain.
- Heat oven to 220 C (425 F).
- Slightly grease the oven waffle forms – use a cooking brush or just your finger. Remember, just a tiny bit is needed. Place waffle forms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT baking powder) in blender and blend into homogeneous batter.
- When the oven has reached the right temperature, blend in the baking powder and divide the batter between waffle forms using ladle.
- Bake waffles for 20-25 minutes, until you see they are quite firm and golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit.
- Put the waffles upside down on the baking sheet and remove from silicone form. Bake the waffles for another 10 minutes until they start to turn golden.
- Method: Baking
Keywords: millet-buckwheat waffles