Learn how to make yeast-free and oil-free buckwheat crackers that will satisfy that crunch cravings in a healthy way.
Soak time: 6 hours
- 1 cup (170g, 6oz) raw buckwheat groats, soak
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 6 sun dried tomato halves, soaked
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 10 green olives
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tbsps. onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- First, soak buckwheat and dried tomato halves overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Then, rinse and drain buckwheat and tomato halves and put them in the food processor together with all the other ingredients (leave some sunflower seeds and whole flax seeds for sprinkling).
- Now, process all the goodies until homogenous batter forms. You’ll need to scrape the sides with a spoon every now and again.
- Next, measure two pieces of parchment paper of the size of your baking sheet. Place one sheet on a chopping board or on kitchen counter. Form a batter pile in the middle of parchment paper and place the second piece of parchment paper over the batter. Gently press the pile down with your hands. Now, start rolling it out until it is almost the same shape and size as your baking sheet. Remove the top paper and lift the rolled out batter onto baking sheet.
- To make it easier to break the baked crackers, take a regular or a pizza knife and cut out your cracker. You may leave them as small or as large as you like.
- Sprinkle some sunflower seeds and flax seeds on top and press them in using a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then turn off the heat, open the oven door a bit and let cool in the oven to get it really crispy. Should you like them of a softer side, remove immediately and start munching.
I recommend you grind your own flax and chia seeds and store them in a jar in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 169 kcal
- Sodium: 139.55mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 6.4g
Keywords: buckwheat crackers