This mango-turmeric smoothie is actually my husband’s creation, as he’s the smoothie master in our family ever since we first started blending smoothies in mornings. However, he’s kind enough to let me take credit for it.
- 1 small ripe banana (about 135g, 4.8oz with peel)
- ½ of a 160g (5.6oz) avocado
- 1 big carrot (about 150g, 5.3oz), cut into shreds
- 1 mango (whole weight 400g, 14oz), peeled and stone removed
- ½–1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsps. chopped ginger root
- 1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk or water
- 2 tbsps. ground flax seeds
- A few dashes of black pepper to enhance turmeric absorption
- Put harder and more fibrous ingredients (carrot and ginger root) in the bottom of blender to allow them to get well incorporated.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and start blending using a spoon to press the mixture down. Be careful not to stick your spoon too deep while blending. It’s the safest to stop blending while using the spoon.
- Blend the smoothie to your liking (we like it a bit chunky) and pour into small bowls or glasses, top with whatever you prefer (wild berries or even parsley) and get chewing!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size: 1 serving (with oat milk)
- Calories: 202 kcal
- Fat: 7.17g
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Fiber: 6.83g
- Protein: 3.84g
Keywords: mango-turmeric smoothie