Tempeh-cabbage curry is a comforting and hearty oil-free, plant-based dish. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
- A handful of dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 tbsp. garlic chips
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1–2 tsps. broth powder
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 250g (8.8oz) tempeh
- 2 handfuls of chopped cabbage
- 2 tbsps. starch (potato or corn) + oat milk to thicken the curry
- Put everything except cabbage and starch/oat milk into a pot. Add enough water to almost cover the ingredients. Bring to boil, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add cabbage and simmer until the cabbage is done (about 10 more minutes, depending on how big your cabbage chunks are).
- Mix the starch with some oat milk (add it gradually to avoid lumps) or with broth from the pot. Make sure you have a nice and smooth liquid without any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into curry stirring it at the same time. Keep stirring until it comes to boil again and then turn off the heat. Let it sit for 10 more minutes and you are ready to go!
- Serve with lettuce or steamed chard, pak choi (Chinese cabbage) or kale.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: tempeh-cabbage curry