Veggie stew or wok (I’m nor sure what would be the best term for the dish as the veggies are cut in wok-style, but cooked covered) is one of these easy and quick recipes that come handy when you are really hungry or in a hurry.
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- a big handful of flat beans, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 small or 1 big red bell pepper, cut into ribbons
- 2 summer squashes, cut into ribbons
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2–3 tsps. oregano
- 2 cans/jars unsalted chickpeas (480g net weight), washed and drained
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- Add 2tbsp water on a large skillet. Once the water starts to sizzle, add leeks, carrots, garlic and flat beans to the skillet. Sautee covered for 5 minutes. Add water one tbsp. at a time if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add black pepper, oregano and red bell peppers to the skillet. Stir and sautee covered for another 4 minutes.
- Finally add summer squash ribbons and chickpeas, and sautee until the summer squash is ready (still a bit crunchy).
- In a small bowl or glass mix together all sauce ingredients. Add enough liquid to make the mixture pourable.
- Add the sauce to stew in the end and stir well.