What’s better than fresh buckwheat pancakes on a Sunday morning? Learn how to make healthy whole grain gluten-free pancakes with freshly made berry or fruit sauce.
- 120g (7.5 heaped tbsp, about 1 cup) raw buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsps. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- a bit of Himalayan salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- A bit of olive oil or coconut oil for frying.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Gradually add the water to avoid lumps of flour. Add liquid sweetener. Set aside.
- Heat the pan. Pour a dash of oil onto the pan and rub it with kitchen paper until all the excess oil has been absorbed into the paper. Now, use this oily paper to scrub the pan before baking a new pancake – this way you’ll use the least oil possible.
- Pour one ladle of dough onto the pan and bake both sides until golden. Make sure to clean the pan with dry kitchen paper between each pancake.
If necessary, sweeten with xyltiol, stevia, agave syrup or maple syrup.
You’ll find pancakes in the weekly healthy eating plans as well.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 serving (includes 7g coconut oil)
- Calories: 398 kcal
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.9 g
- Protein: 10.3 g
Keywords: buckwheat pancakes